Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Magazine Review

           The magazine I decided to review was seventeen magazine. I personally find interest to this magazine because I sometimes use tips from it and like to read certain facts and cool things in it. My magazine is directed towards 9 year olds which I find quite odd since the magazine is called seventeen magazine. I feel that maybe the writers wanted to attract the young people of today and get them to get more tips to feel older or to have tips for when they are older. My ratio from adds to regular adds in the magazine are 61:130. this ratio shows that there are more regular stuff in the magazine that related to the actual magazine instead of ads. In the 100 word article I covered, there were 8 sentences, and 120 syllables which made it a reading for a 9 year old. I would write this magazine for 15 years old to 19 years old because I feel that we would get more enjoyment if it appealed to the teenagers. I feel that a lot of teens take a lot of advice from seventeen magazine, and I think they would be disappointed to really know the truth behind the magazine to be written for 9 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment