Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Gianna Larson

Data driven article

October 16, 2013

Mr. Kefor- F Block


              Teachers and their walls
         
           By looking at teachers walls, what assumptions can you make about the teachers based on the certain things on their walls? I was really curious to find out the answers to this topic, so I went around to a good amount of teachers classrooms with questions already in my head for what I was looking for in each classroom.
           I went into 13 different teachers to make my observations. When I went into each teachers classroom, I had a piece of paper that was categorized into 4 categories, posters(subject), organization such as fire drill procedures and so on, any student work that is featured around the room, and any other posters that don't relate to the subject. I brought some of my classmates along with me to help me make observations. Christine Remick, Carli Arcaro, and Casey Holmes, help me sufficiently with helping me to collect the data I needed for my data driven article.
           In some classrooms there was close to nothing at all, but in others there was everything that you could have asked to see in a teachers classroom. The total amount of tallys I got for the posters relating to the subject were 13. Every class I went into had something that related to the subject they taught. I found that the Spanish classrooms had the most posters related to their subject. The next category was organization. I found that once again every classroom I went to had a tally for organization. Every classroom had a fire drill procedure hung up near there door, and they also had a fire exit plan to the nearest exit out the school. For student work, I got a total of 10 talleys. Going around the classrooms I found out that the math teachers had the most student work hanging up around their rooms. The last category was posters in general. The total tally for posters were 9. Not many classrooms had posters up in their room that didn't not relate to their subject. I found that the science classrooms had the overall most posters not related to their subject hanging in their room.
           By my results, you can make a conclusion that the science department is the classrooms that had the most of everything in almost each category. The science classrooms are the classrooms that are very well organized and have the most student work, which could mean that they really value the students work more than the other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment