Wednesday, October 30, 2013

journalism opinion question from ken ross


           My opinion on the “Docs to parents: Limit kids’ texts, tweets, online” is that I disagree. I think that kids’ should be able to use their phones and laptops and to text and tweet. If parents banned our phones from us, if we went to hang out with our friends or had an emergency where we needed to call 911 or someone, then we wouldn’t be able to and that’s the cost of our safety. I feel that if parents did follow through with these recommendations, and take away our phones after 2 hours of using it; we would trick them right out of their own rules and find a way to use it even though they told us not to use our technology. We could also be using our technology for a good cause, like setting up a website to end world hunger and putting up donations to really help people. Even if we are not doing homework, I think that having our phones also lets us contact our friends. I feel that taking away our phones is like taking away some of our freedom, we can’t really contact anybody if we want to and we won’t have any sort of social life so we will always be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment